Wolves 04 Florida Showcase Match Report

Game 1 Saturday December 29 3:45pm

Michigan Wolves 04 vs Tennessee Soccer Club

Seminole Soccer Park

Final Score

Wolves 04  4

TSC   1

First half opened strong with the Wolves dominating possession. Left back Danny Jakubowski held the ball in the opponents half and sent a through pass to Jad Farhat for an early first half goal. The Wolves continued to spread the field with connecting passes, harassing Tennessee’s back line with passes. Tennessee continued to feel the pressure as right back Liam Holloway sent the ball to midfielder Colin Dalton who connected with Emilio “Cobra” Licea for goal number two.

Tennessee managed a bit of fortune on a corner kick for a 2-1 score. Tennessee’s goal was answered late in the first half by midfielder Dillon Knittel.  Dylan dribbled after receiving an insightful pass from Jad Farhat through multiple defenders in the box for goal number three.

The second half was no less intense.  Liam Holloway sent a rocket towards the net, forcing the goalkeeper to make a diving save. Forward Dionis Mehilli had to leave the game with a bloody nose  after a mid-air collision while challenging a Tennessee defender for a header. Midfielder’s Jad Farhat and Nathan Schack connected with center backs Zavier Chimienti and Brennan Cheladyn to keep the ball on Tennessee’s side of the field.

The Wolves put on an excellent display of soccer throughout the second half. The play was started by Danny Jakubowski sending the ball up to Cobra, who held off two defenders before passing the ball across the field to Boris Turner. Boris then found Liam Holloway who then crossed the ball  to Dillon Knittel who exploded on a first time shot to score the fourth and final goal of the match.

Game 2 Sunday December 30. 9:45am
Sylvan Lake
Michigan Wolves 04 vs Armada FC
Final Score
Wolves 04   4
Armada FC   0

The Michigan Wolves were well represented again this morning by the 04 team against Jacksonville’s Armada FC. Sunny skies and the 80 degree Florida heat didn’t slow the boys down at all as they commanded their first shut out of the event.
Armada FC came out hard and started the game fast, and the Wolves responded well, slowing their attacks and countering aggressively. Several attacking runs by Emilio “Cobra” Licea and Saurav Setti kept Armada’s keeper on his heels. Right back Liam Holloway made a huge sliding tackle to shut down a break away attack in the 21st minute. The first half ended with no goals scored and the Armada team dropping into a defensive shell.
The second half opened with the Wolves calm and focused. Forward Paul Saah, returning from the injured reserve list, scored the first goal of the match, assisted by Boris Turner. Paul fought hard through three defenders to tuck the ball away in the near post. This play opened the floodgates for Wolves as Boris Turner scored three unanswered goals in the final 25 minutes to secure the Hat Trick.  “Showtime B’s” goals were assisted by Dillon, “Cobra” and Nathan.
The Wolves continued to play in the offensive half of the field for the duration of the second half thanks to monumental efforts in the midfield by Jad Farhat, Dillon Knittel and Nathan Schack. Center backs Zavier Chimienti and Brennan Cheladyn shut down all attempted counter attacks and outside backs Andrew Hetman and Danny Jakubowski continuously joined the attack. Goal keeper Quinn Tews made a big save in the 78th minute, tipping the ball over the crossbar.
Wolves 04 ECNL put together another professional performance finishing the game with a 4-0 shut out against Armada FC.


Game 3 Monday December 31 1:45pm

Sylvan Lake

Michigan Wolves 04 vs Florida Kraze

Final Score

Wolves 04    0

Florida Kraze    0

The final day of the Sanford ECNL event was an all out battle for the 04 Wolves. Attacking speed and defensive vision were evenly matched by both teams, making for a very exciting final match. Center backs Zavier Chimienti and Brennan Cheladyn put on a display of defensive excellence in the first half playing as a cohesive unit, leaving Florida’s forwards frustrated and out of breath. Brennan Cheladyn came up big late in the first half to back up a diving goal keeper, clearing the ball at the last second and keeping a clean sheet going into halftime.

The Wolves pressed hard in the second half with the wind to their backs and met similar frustration from Florida’s back line. Keeper Quinn Tews made a huge diving save in the 60th minute keeping hope alive for the Wolves. Four days on the road and three days of intense play had taken its toll on the Wolves as fatigue began to set in. Out of subs, battered and bruised, the Wolves continued to fight through the cycle of attacking and defending Florida’s counter until the match ended in a draw.