DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Paul Thomas moved to the US in 2000 from Manchester in England. While in England he played for a number of youth teams, while also representing the Manchester Football Association at U17 & U18 and Manchester Schools Football Association at U18. After his youth career Paul played semi-professionally for Curzen Ashton, Backup Borough & Witton Albion from '95-'00. During this time Paul also played three years at Staffordshire University while earning a Sport Science & Management Degree at Staffordshire University.
Since moving to the US Paul has served in coaching roles at the youth, collegiate and PDL (USL 2) levels. Prior to joining the Wolves in 2017 he worked as the Director of Coaching for Michigan State Youth Soccer Association and assistant coach at the Michigan Bucks, before becoming the head coach in 2018. While at the Bucks, they won two PDL national championships.
In addition to his Director of Coaching role at the Wolves, Paul works part-time as MSYSA's Director of Coaching Education and an adjunct educator for US Soccers on their National Coaching License program (A, B & C levels).
He holds a US Soccer 'A' License and US Youth Soccer 'National Youth' License. Additionally, Paul holds United Soccer Coaches 'Premier' and 'Director of Coaching' Diploma.
- Michigan Wolves since '17
- MSYSA Director of Coaching - '13 to '17
- Michigan Bucks - Assistant & Head Coach - '13 to '19
- Lyons Township - Technical Director - '11 to '13
- North Park University Head Womens Coach - '11-'13
- Palatine Celtic Director of Coaching - '09 to '11
- Madonna University Head Womens Coach - '04 to '09 & '15 to '17
- Michigan Rush Head Coach - '04 to '09
- Midland Soccer Club, Director of Training - '00 to '04