Sam Cheaib grew up in Lebanon and played for the SAFA club from 1973 to 1979 and played professionally for the SAFA Club First Division (LFA). He was a player for the Lebanese National Team from 1974 to 1979 and in one season he scored 20 goals. Due to the civil war he left Lebanon in 1979. His enduring passion for the game led him to coaching and starting the Lebanese Club now known as the Lebanese Heritage Club. He was a Founder of the Dearborn Stars Soccer club and played for the Stars.
In 2006-2008 he was the coach of the successful Wolves ‘98, ‘97 and the nationally ranked ‘96 Wolves teams. Additionally, throughout the year he conducts club-wide Technical Training sessions, camps and provides personal training and instruction.
Since starting coaching Sam has continued to be a student of the game. He currently holds his US Soccer 'B' License, US Youth Soccer 'National Youth' License and the United Soccer Coaches 'Premier' Diploma and 'International Coaching Association' License.
- Michigan Wolves Coach since 2002
- Wolves Technical Training Coach (2004-present)
- Coach of 1 National Finalist (2013), 2 NPL - MDL Regional Championship (2013,2014), 3 Region II Championship (2009, 2013, 2016), 1 Region II Semi-Finalist (2015) and 8 consecutive State Cup Championships
- Michigan ODP Girls Staff Coach (2007-present)
- Awarded MSYSA Male Competitive Coach of the Year 2016
- Inducted into HYPE Sports Hall of Fame (2015)
- Former Girls Varsity Head Coach at Bishop Gallager High School – Detroit ('98-'00)
- Founder and former Head Coach of Dearborn Stars Soccer Club ('88-'94)